Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY
Accounting and Finance
Our client, a high-end fashion & apparel company, is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its team. This position will work with corporate functions (Human Resources, Finance, Legal) on creating budgets and monitoring year to date spending. The position will put together management reports which will be presented on a monthly basis to the CFO. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to transition from public accounting or internal audit into a finance role.
- Responsible for reporting Division financial statements for internal management review and commentary to Corporate.
- Collaborate with business leaders to provide timely analytical explanation of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets
- Perform in-depth analysis of segment’s monthly performance and propose recommendations to senior management.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly business update packages, which recaps the Company’s monthly operating performance and propose recommendations to senior management.
- Identify and develop solutions to improve financial reporting and other process improvement initiatives based on knowledge of the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in an accounting or audit role
- CPA or parts preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills