Job Identification Number
Philadelphia or Boston
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and grow business relationships with existing customers.
- Maintain regular contact and communication
- Identify and address customer needs and expectations
- Notify customers of subscription renewal and consult on purchasing options
- Prepare renewal and expansion purchasing proposals, then follow to closure
- Seek referrals through existing customer network
- Manage sales process with selected school level new business prospects.
- Research probable purchasers of products
- Introduce company to new prospects over the phone to create awareness/interest
- Deliver product demonstrations to individuals and committees via webinar
- Work with school-level staff to build support for purchase
- Develop proposals and other professional communications
- Qualify inbound leads;
- Coordinate customer and colleague calendars to maximize productivity
- Collect customer data and case study success stories
- Collaborate with aligned Implementation Manager.
- Communicate customer implementation support needs
- Collaborate on plans to drive long-term success, product use and customer satisfaction
- Communicate and coordinate customer training needs and calendar
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of inside sales or customer service experience ideally to pre-K – 12 school districts, and preferably a technology and curriculum (reading) based product
- Proven success in high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to uncover client needs and propose solutions to ensure customer satisfaction
- Track record of goal attainment in selling or providing customer service.
- Proficient use of computer software, specifically sales planning, forecasting and tracking tools, such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook , PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, speaking, writing, and presenting skills
Limited ability to travel overnight – approximately 10%